Contest: Discover the usefulness of Braille
Discover the use of Braille! Send in your answer between 4 and 31 January for a chance to win great prizes.
Today, Braille is still important for anyone who cannot use his or her eyes to read. Nowadays, the speech software that reads out everything from the screen of a computer or smartphone is indispensable. But did you know that Braille has been around for over 200 years? To celebrate World Braille Day on 4 January, the Eye Society organised a competition to find out more about braille and to win great prizes!
There are two different contests, one for children up to 12 years old (de boerderij) and one for the age 12+. The contest question can be downloaded from 4 January onwards by clicking on the buttons.
You can also pick up a paper version at the following locations:
- VVV Leiden: Stationsweg 26, 2312 AV Leiden
- Bibliotheek Oegstgeest: Lange Voort 2 T, 2341 KA Oegstgeest
- BplusC Nieuwstraat: Nieuwstraat 4, 2312 KB Leiden
- BplusC Leiderdorp: Van Diepeningenlaan 110, 2352 KA Leiderdorp
- Jumbo in Zoeterwoude: Dorpsstraat 34, 2381 EN Zoeterwoude
- Wijngaardenlaan 4, 2252 XN Voorschoten
For questions or a blind-friendly version of the competition, mail firstname.lastname@example.org.