On Saturday 16 July 2022, the first-ever European Talent Fair will be launched as part of the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) in Leiden.
The European Talent Fair will bring together students, early career researchers, scholars, start-ups, industry and investors to promote young people’s talent and job opportunities in the research sector across the EU.
The EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) is the largest conference in Europe about interdisciplinary and intersectional debate about scientific culture, scientific research and innovation, for and with society.
Its 10th edition will take place from 13 to 16 July 2022 in Leiden, the 2022 European City of Science.
The European Union will also be present at the ESOF exhibition with a dedicated EU pavilion, which will be accessible physically and online. The EU pavilion will also be the main stage European Talent Fair, which will be hosted both in the physical exhibition space and in the virtual booth.
The European Talent Fair aims to:
- increase job opportunities in the research sector for the young generations,
- ensure that the right opportunities match with the right talents,
- improve employability of young researchers by equipping them with the necessary marketable skills.
Online Matchmaking – 20 June 2022
The first edition of the European Talent Fair will open with a Matchmaking Fair Researchers2Businesses event organised by EURAXESS that will take place online on 20 June 2022.
The aim of this event is to promote the variety of existing careers beyond academia to researchers, while also enabling companies to connect with them.
Trainings – 16 July 2022
Following the Matchmaking Fair, several trainings will be organised on 16 July 2022 as part of the ESOF exhibition, both in the physical EU pavilion and in the virtual booth.
They will revolve around a variety of relevant topics for young academics, scholars and students interested in research career opportunities in the EU.
The trainings are free of charge and open to everyone, but pre-registration will be required.
Research performing organisations, private industry, universities and other stakeholders will be able to take active part in the Fair by:
- participating in the virtual matchmaking fair on 20.06 - registrations are open HERE (the deadline is on June 17),
- creating their own EURAXESS profile and benefit of all the platform tools available free of charge: posting job vacancies, accessing a pool of talents from Europe and beyond, finding scientific partners for their projects.
By taking part in the European Talent Fair, recruiters will be able to:
- increase the visibility of their organisation among the young research community,
- reach more than 5.000 people participating to ESOF,
- promote their current job, fellowship and internship opportunities,
- connect with the best European talents.
The agenda and registration link will be published on this page shortly.
All trainings will be held in English.
Practical information When Monday 20 June 2022, 9.00 - Saturday 16 July 2022, 17.00 (CEST) Where Leiden Netherlands Website https://www.esof.eu/